May is my last month of maternity leave! My goals are a little ambitious, especially since I just set them on May 6th. (We got home from a 2-week trip on the 4th!)
Unlike most months, I’m not really expecting or hoping to meet all my goals. They’re all important, but I want to enjoy my last 3 weeks of leave and only work on these goals if they don’t get in the way of that.
Side note: Our baby Harrington didn’t gain enough weight in month 2, so we’ve gotta chub him up a little. It’s funny how fast your already small amount of free time as a new mom becomes even smaller when you’re working on increasing your milk supply, pumping extra milk, researching good formula, and giving bottles of extra milk after feedings. It’s worth it, though, to a certain extent. :) By the way, if it saves you some time, I didn’t go overboard on formula research, but consulted with some professionals and decided to go with this formula. There’s a 30% off coupon on Amazon if you want to try it. I know the whole formula thing can be overwhelming! I was shocked how much junk is in most options, even the organic ones.
First, here’s how I did on my April goals! I only gave myself 2 weeks to get all this done because of vacation . . . I shouldn’t have been so optimistic! ;)
Prepare items to sell at Divine Consign Buy a one-piece suit for vacation that I feel good in with my new mom body :)
- Keep non-paleo food/drink to no more than 30 items this month | I lost track!
- Create a prayer box (Got the idea here)
Revise my daily worksheet to be more intentional in this season
- Revise daily/weekly rhythms to make the most of the last 8 weeks of maternity leave
- Finish writing Harrington’s birth story and post on the blog
- Push goal: Decide on an exercise routine to begin in early May
- Push goal: Schedule thermography appointments for Kyle and me
Goal: Miss no more than 1 week for each of these goals
Take video of Harry Take a true Sunday Sabbath Do something for someone else Spend no more than 90 minutes on social media
Goal: 18/26 days (I started on April 5)
Spend time with the Lord Pray for daily manna, boldness in my faith, and an eternal focus Track food in FitBit Rest or take a nap Achieve my daily step goal (either 7387 or 9420/day, determined by the StepBet I’m doing) Spend 10+ minutes staying on top of things: either my email inbox, social media notifications, paper inbox, or Todoist inbox Avoid TV during the day
Now, here are my May goals!
Please note there are some affiliate links in this post. Your purchases support our Giving Back initiative! :)
- Fill out my weekly routine workbook and create a new weekly routine for when I go back to work. (If you want to purchase this workbook, click here to buy my to-do list guide, and then you’ll have a chance to buy the workbook when you complete your order!)
- Donate blood at the Blood Center nearby. (With such a tough flu season this past winter, not as many people donated blood as usual, so there’s a shortage.)
- Finish and publish Harrington’s birth story on the blog.
- Schedule thermography appointment for Kyle and me. (Annual thermography screenings help catch cancer very early when it’s easiest to treat.)
- Finish prayer box.
- Create a new workout routine.
- Figure out next steps for gathering some friends who want to encourage each other to live their faith boldly.
- Keep non-paleo food to no more than 30 items.
- Watch Idealust’s Facebook and Instagram ads course.
- Delegate advance tasks for my Bold, Intentional Life group coaching program to my VA by May 24. (She’s going on maternity leave end of June!)
Weekly + daily goals I’m tracking on my PowerSheets:
Goal: Miss no more than 1 week for each of these
- Take video of Harry
- Take a true Sunday Sabbath
- Do something for someone else
- Spend no more than 90 minutes on social media
- Take a photo of Harry with Kyle, me, or others (So that all my pictures aren’t just photos of only Harrington–I realized I don’t have many pictures with my kiddo!)
- Eat an average of 2,500 calories/day or less (I’ve been convicted lately of the wastefulness of eating more than I need to in order to fuel my body.)
- Use my vitamin D lamp
Goal: 17/25 days (since I didn’t start officially tracking these in my PowerSheets till May 6th :))
- Pray for daily manna, boldness in my faith, and an eternal focus
- Keep screen unlocks on my phone to 50 or less (Not as easy as you think! Try the QualityTime or Moment app to track your phone use and you’ll be shocked!)
- Track food in FitBit
- Rest or take a nap
- Achieve my daily step goal (either 7387 or 9420/day, determined by the StepBet I’m doing)
- Find a way to intentionally love/respect/serve Kyle
- Write in my gratitude journal (I haven’t been doing this as consistently since Harry was born, but it’s a big part of my 2017 goal #4!)
Books I’m reading this month:
Psst! Something BIG is coming in June! Make sure you’re on my email list to hear about it. :)