Remember I said in my June goals post that my June goals were ambitious? They definitely were! But, I’m really blessed . . . Despite June being busy on the personal side of our lives with lots of family things, God allowed me to accomplish a lot of meaningful goals this past month. I didn’t complete everything, but what I didn’t complete I put a lot of work into and made major progress on. (Don’t you hate those months where you set a goal and then never work on it at all, or only work on it a little at the last minute?)
God continues to grow me in realizing that it glorifies him for me to 1) make plans and take action and then 2) loosen my grip on the results. I am finding that this approach to goal-setting excites me because it helps me take more responsibility for my actions and helps me be more focused on working on my goals (rather than getting distracted), but it also helps me be less upset if the results don’t pan out the way I expected.
With the year halfway over, I have modified some of my 2016 goals a little bit–some had to be ramped up and some had to be scaled back. I love doing my 6-month Refresh in my PowerSheets! And, I’ll be honest, even though I don’t post my quarterly goals on my blog, I have been focusing much more on quarters than the entire year for this year. As a business owner with a still fairly new business, it’s hard for me to really predict what will be important to me a year from now, you know? Taking it one quarter at a time allows me to be much more responsive to what’s currently going on in my business.
Anyway, we all know I could talk about goals forever. Let’s get to my specific goals for July!
First, before I share my July goals, here are the results of my June goals!
- Reevaluate and refresh client lifecycle. 50% done!
Move all my landing pages, LeadDigits, etc. from LeadPages to ClickFunnels. Fast from purchasing books and checking out books from the library. Take a staycation–3 days off of work at home during my birthday week.
- Write + start design process for 2 products I’m launching. Product 1 (the longer one): Done. Product 2: In progress!
Go out for street ministry on Friday nights with Inner Beauty Center 1-2 times. Wrap up Jennie Allen’s Restless Bible study.
- Get Wisconsin boating license. Nope. This is a source of major angst in my life. Okay, not really, but I have spent many, many hours on these online classes already and I’m only a little over halfway through!
Create a reference board of strength training exercises I can do at home. Contact fellow Wisconsin Lutheran College alumni about giving. Take clothes to a tailor and boots to the cobbler. Complete month 3/3 of Nancy Ray’s Contentment Challenge.
- Complete month 3/3 of fasting completely from sugar (except dark chocolate!), starches, dairy, and alcohol (for alcohol, I’m fasting during the week when it’s just Ky and me at home). Didn’t do as well on this as the past couple months. I gave myself a little too much leeway during my sister’s bachelorette party weekend and my birthday, etc. I think I was 99% successful with my goal with starches and alcohol, but not sugar and dairy.
Daily goals + weekly goals I tracked on my PowerSheets:
Honor Sunday Funday Sabbath Snow Day. | Goal: 3/4 SundaysActual: 4/4 Take all Saturdays off from work | Goal: 4/4 SaturdaysActual: 4/4 Declutter (KonMari) at least one category of possessions each week. | Goal: 3/4 weeksActual: 4/4
Strength train, 12+ minutes each time | Goal: 13+ timesActual: 13 45+ minutes with God each morning, before any work | Goal: 26+ daysActual: 27 Write in prayer journal about relationships, sin, pride, eating, and anything else I’m working to improve | Goal: 26+ daysActual: 26 No email/social media checking before noon | Goal: 22+ daysActual: 23 Pray with Kyle outside of meal times | Goal: 5+ timesActual: 6 Complete morning routine | Goal: 15+ daysActual: 16 Complete full end-of-day routine within my office hours | Goal: 10+ daysActual: 10
And here are my July goals!
- Get 2 products up for sale with Facebook ads running to them. | Why? To be able to help a lot more women than just my 1-on-1 clients.
- Finish refreshing client lifecycle. | Why? Knock my clients’ expectations and results out of the park! I am happy with it now, but I know it could be even better!
- Fast from purchasing books and checking out books from the library once again. | Why? After going through the Contentment Challenge and KonMariing my books I am aware of how many great books I own that I want to reread (or, in a few cases, read for the first time)! Plus, this year I’ve been trying to absorb a little less information and give my brain more space to just think and reflect.
- Finish second half of Wisconsin boating license classes. | Why? My parents got a boat a couple months ago and I want to be able to drive it when my Making Things Happen friends come to visit in September!
- Order blinds for our master bedroom windows. | Why? There were none when we moved in and I’ve tried to get by with just curtains, but they are white and let in way too much light, and I’ve realized lately I sleep waaaay better in dark rooms. So, I’m ordering blinds and viewing this as a purchase for my health. :)
Daily goals + weekly goals I’m tracking on my PowerSheets, which are only $25 right now with free shipping as I write this! They are almost out of stock and then there will be none until 2017. Use code JULYFIREWORKS until July 5 or until they run out!
- Honor Sunday Funday Sabbath Snow Day. | Goal: 4/4 Sundays
- Take all Saturdays off from work. (30 minutes of emails allowed if I want!) | Goal: 4/4 Saturdays
- Declutter (KonMari) at least one category of possessions each week. | Goal: 3/4 weeks
(As you’ll see, my weekly and daily goals don’t change drastically from month to month! I really believe in getting something engrained as a solid habit before moving on to tackling something else! The things below are things I’m tracking because they’re either 1) Something I have not yet fully developed a habit for or 2) Something that’s habitual but that I still want to track because it’s that important to me.)
- Strength train, 12+ minutes each time | Goal: 13+ times
- 45+ minutes with God each morning, before any work | Goal: 26+ days
- Write in prayer journal about relationships, sin, pride, eating, and anything else I’m working to improve | Goal: 26+ days
- No email/social media checking before noon | Goal: 22+ days
- Complete morning routine | Goal: 15+ days
- Complete full end-of-day routine within my office hours | Goal: 10+ days
- Track all the food I eat so I can monitor my calories + carbs/fat/protein ratio now that I’m on the ketogenic diet. | Goal: 15+ days
Books I’m reading this month:
- Wild and Free: A Hope-Filled Anthem for the Woman Who Feels She is Both too Much and Never Enough | Love it so far. Buy it. It’s cheap and will resonate so much with you if you’re anything like me.
- Think and Grow Rich | This book is a classic and one of the most popular personal growth books of all time, but I’m not even going to link to it because I don’t think it’s a good read for Christians. My personal growth book club decided to read it for this month and we are realizing that maybe only 20% of the material is valuable. You definitely have to be careful with the books you read and keep your woo-woo radar turned on so you don’t take God out of the equation of your personal growth.
Books I’m reading every month this year:
- The B-I-B-L-E | I love my NIV Note-Taker’s Bible!
- New Morning Mercies: A Daily Gospel Devotional
- How to Win Friends & Influence People
Share: What are your July goals? Did you post them on your blog? Please share below so I can encourage you! :)
P.S. If you want to be notified when the products I mentioned above are released (and get a discount!), make sure you’re in my email family!