I’ve got motherhood totally figured out.
April fools! :)
But, I will say, by God’s grace, it’s going better than I thought it would. My March goals were definitely appropriate for the season, and the fact that I had low expectations and met my goals made me feel really good! (Note to self: Keep my expectations from getting too high, or I feel like a failure!)
Here are my March goals + the results:
Read + finish Secrets of a Baby Nurse Read + finish What Did You Expect? Redeeming the Realities of Marriage Order a bracelet with my word of the year Contact an attorney to create a will Catch up on baby book up to 1 month Push goal: Put away maternity clothes and return the clothes I borrowed
- Push goal: Tag all items I’m selling at Divine Consign
Weekly + daily goals I tracked on my PowerSheets:
Goal: Miss no more than 1 week for each of these goals | I had zero misses!
Read Psalm 103 to focus on my word of the year, rejoice Do something for someone else Spend no more than 90 minutes on social media on my phone Take at least one photo of baby Get out of the house for something other than church or a required doctor’s appointment
Daily goals: (More details on how and why I chose these goals here!)
Goal: Do these things at least 25/31 days this month | I had only a few misses total!
Spend any kind of time with the Lord Pray for daily manna Do one small productive thing Change out of my pajamas, even if I’m not showering and just putting on super comfy clothes Avoid watching TV during the day
Now, here are my April goals!
- Prepare items to sell at Divine Consign (If you’re in the Milwaukee area, you need to check this out for selling or buying gently-used clothes. :))
- Buy a one-piece suit for vacation that I feel good in with my new mom body :)
- Keep non-paleo food/drink to no more than 30 items this month (a challenge with vacation!)
- Create a prayer box (Got the idea here)
- Revise my daily worksheet to be more intentional in this season
- Revise daily/weekly rhythms to make the most of the last 8 weeks of maternity leave
- Finish writing Harrington’s birth story and post on the blog
- Push goal: Decide on an exercise routine to begin in early May
- Push goal: Schedule thermography appointments for Kyle and me
Weekly + daily goals I’m tracking on my PowerSheets:
Goal: Miss no more than 1 week for each of these goals
- Take video of Harry
- Take a true Sunday Sabbath
- Do something for someone else
- Spend no more than 90 minutes on social media
Goal: I’ve already been doing most of these things the first few days of the month, but I’m just going to start tracking them today–April 5. My goal is 18/26 days for these. Vacation will make these challenging!
- Spend time with the Lord
- Pray for daily manna, boldness in my faith, and an eternal focus
- Track food in FitBit
- Rest or take a nap
- Achieve my daily step goal (either 7387 or 9420/day, determined by the StepBet I’m doing)
- Spend 10+ minutes staying on top of things: either my email inbox, social media notifications, paper inbox, or Todoist inbox
- Avoid TV during the day
Books I’m reading this month: (Please note that these are affiliate links. Your purchase supports our Giving Back initiative!)
P.S. Share your goals in the comments below! :) And if you’re curious how I get so much done (even in this season while I’m savoring lots of time with my sweet little boy during maternity leave), here’s how!