Ooh, baby! May was a good month. It was good in the sense that God refined me significantly over the course of the month.
If you haven’t yet, I encourage you to read my post from a month ago about God humbling me. I shared how my agenda has failed so many times in favor of God’s perfect plan. God has majorly changed my perspective and attitude lately, and I couldn’t be more grateful.
The last couple weeks of May I finally started sleeping a little more normally and was feeling less exhausted. I have really tried to take the steps recommended to improve my adrenal health and take life easy, so I’m hopeful that’s a sign that my body’s responding well to those efforts.
My June goals seem like a lot, but they feel doable provided my health stays constant. I am holdly loosely to them, though, knowing that God is allowed to interrupt my plans. And, I am reminding myself that accomplishing even 50% of your goals is better than setting zero goals and accomplishing almost nothing.
Before I share my June goals, here were my May goals!
- Create 2 products and start design process. In progress but not as far along as I hoped!
Revamp my weekend routine, related to work and personal life.
Cook dinner for Kyle 2 times. Reread Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God, Not Foodand complete reflection questions at the end of each chapter. I didn’t finish the reflection questions yet–there are over 100 so I decided to spend both May and June on them so I don’t just rush through them. View each Sunday Sabbath with a “snow day” mentality and honor all Sabbath days in May even though it will be a very busy month with full weekends! Complete month two of Nancy Ray’s Contentment Challenge, along with Nancy Ray + some of my coaching clients and friends from Making Things Happen! Continue to choose one category of possessions each week to declutter with the KonMari method.
- Complete month 2/3 of fasting completely from sugar (except dark chocolate!), starches, dairy, and alcohol (for alcohol, I’m fasting during the week when it’s just Ky and me at home). I only broke my fast in 4 or 5 small instances, so it’s a 97% success, but I can’t 100% cross off this goal. I have been really thankful for this goal the past 2 months, though, and plan to continue this even after the 3 months are done.
Habits I tracked on my PowerSheets:
45+ minutes with God each morning, before any work | Goal: 26+ daysActual: 29 Writing in prayer journal about relationships, sin, pride, eating, and anything else I’m working to improve | Goal: 26+ daysActual: 26 Strength training | Goal: 13+ daysActual: 13 Praying with Kyle outside of meal times | Goal: 5+ timesActual: 7 No email/social media checking before noon | Goal: 22+ daysActual: 23
- Work on products I’m launching | Goal: 15 days, Actual: 13
Complete new morning routine in full | Goal: 15 daysActual: 18
And here are my June goals! (True confession: Want to know one of the factors in how I choose my monthly goals? Many of the things on this list are things I need accountability with because they don’t have deadlines! Knowing that I will be reporting to y’all in a month motivates me to get things done, and not just any things, but the best things!)
- Reevaluate and refresh client lifecycle. | Why? Knock my clients’ expectations and results out of the park! I am happy with it now, but I know it could be even better!
- Move all my landing pages, LeadDigits, etc. from LeadPages to ClickFunnels. | Why? LeadPages didn’t feature everything I needed for the new products I’m launching, so I switched to ClickFunnels and want to have all my landing pages in one place so I’m not paying for two services. Stewardship is one of my values in my personal life and my business!
- Fast from purchasing books and checking out books from the library. | Why? I’ve still got a month left in the Contentment Challenge, and after KonMariing my books recently I am aware of how many great books I own that I want to reread (or, in a few cases, read for the first time)! God is definitely working on my heart with contentment and a “less is more” mentality, and I’m loving it!
- Take a staycation–3 days off of work at home during my birthday week. | Why? I will still coach my clients and respond to their emails during my birthday week, but I am taking Monday, Thursday, and Friday off to physically, mentally, and spiritually refresh myself. My adrenal health has been poor, so relaxation is very important in this season! God is refining my heart to be able to accept my physical limitations.
- Write + start design process for 2 products I’m launching. | Why? To be able to help a lot more women than just my 1-on-1 clients.
- Go out for street ministry on Friday nights with Inner Beauty Center 1-2 times. | Why? Jesus calls me to serve those in need, and these trafficked women and girls are in great need.
- Wrap up Jennie Allen’s Restless Bible study. | Why? Summer is finally here in WI and busy schedules are making it really difficult to continue!
- Get Wisconsin boating license. | Why? My parents just got a boat and I want to be able to drive it in time for my sister’s bachelorette party! (Drive? Is that the right terminology for a boat? That sounds weird. Obviously I am going to need to pay attention to the classes to make sure I pass the test!)
- Create a reference board of strength training exercises I can do at home. | Why? Be able to see visual examples of all my options for strength training when I work out at home and not get stuck doing the same lifts over and over. And help me accomplish this 2016 goal.
- Contact fellow Wisconsin Lutheran College alumni about giving. | Why? To honor my responsibilities as part of the Alumni Board and help meet WLC meet their fiscal year-end goal for number of alumni donors.
- Take clothes to a tailor and boots to the cobbler. | Why? To steward my possessions + money and be able to continue wearing them instead of throwing them out and replacing them.
- Complete month 3/3 of Nancy Ray’s Contentment Challenge, along with Nancy Ray + some of my coaching clients and friends from Making Things Happen!
- Complete month 3/3 of fasting completely from sugar (except dark chocolate!), starches, dairy, and alcohol (for alcohol, I’m fasting during the week when it’s just Ky and me at home).
Daily goals + weekly goals I’m tracking on my PowerSheets, which are 40% off right now as I write this! Crazy! That never happens. Use code SUMMERGOALS.
- Honor Sunday Funday Sabbath Snow Day. | Goal: 3/4 Sundays
- Take all Saturdays off from work (For the first month ever! I’m allowing myself 30 minutes of productive email checking if I really want to.) | Goal: 4/4 Saturdays
- Declutter (KonMari) at least one category of possessions each week. | Goal: 3/4 weeks
- Strength train, 12+ minutes each time | Goal: 13+ times
- 45+ minutes with God each morning, before any work | Goal: 26+ days
- Write in prayer journal about relationships, sin, pride, eating, and anything else I’m working to improve | Goal: 26+ days
- No email/social media checking before noon | Goal: 22+ days
- Pray with Kyle outside of meal times | Goal: 5+ times
- Complete morning routine | Goal: 15+ days
- Complete full end-of-day routine within my office hours | Goal: 10+ days
Books I’m reading this month:
- The Finishing School: How One Book Nerd Began Living What She Learned by Valerie Woerner of Val Marie Paper. I am obsessed with this book so far. I don’t think I have ever “met” another woman so similar to me!
- Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life
Books I’m reading every month this year:
- The B-I-B-L-E | I love my NIV Note-Taker’s Bible!
- New Morning Mercies: A Daily Gospel Devotional
- How to Win Friends & Influence People
Share: Please comment below and tell me about your June goals, or link to your June goals post if you post them on your blog! I look at each one and love to cheer you on!
Make sure you’re in the email family so you aren’t missing out on exclusive, email-only content and giveaways!